Sunday, November 9, 2014

Home Sweet Home

   I have been a terrible blogger. And while I would like to update y'all on everything that has gone on, that would take entirely too long. So, I'll keep that part of my post short. In August, we came home to visit family for two weeks. It went by way too fast, but I was so very thankful that we had time to relax and enjoy time with our loved ones. September was spent packing our little house into a storage unit and spending every little moment possible together. The day I was suppose to come home turned into a three day weekend for Joel, so I was unexpectedly able to stay an extra few days. I came home to surprise my family a day early and then Joel left less than a week later.
   Moving back home, I've wasted no time whatsoever when it comes to getting back into the chaos that is a big family. It definitely makes me miss the quiet that I've grown used to back in Texas. However, I love seeing my siblings everyday and being around my family has made the past seven weeks pass by so very quickly. One thing I've started to realize in this season of life is that God has placed so many wonderful people around me to listen, support and just be loved on by. I am so beyond grateful that He knows what I need before I do, and blesses me with it before I even think to ask. The past five weeks my church has been doing a series called BLESS in the book of Nehemiah, and it has been so awesome to see how this series has just lined up with things I am going through in my week with God using other people to bless me. I have learned so much and I am trying so very hard to let God use me as a blessing to others, which is one of my greatest hopes in the difficult season.
   I know this was a pretty short post compared to my previous ones, but take a listen to the link I have up above, and I hope to be writing more often over the next few months!

"The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."
Numbers 6:24-26


1 comment:

  1. Glad you are settled in with your family! Being surrounded by chaos & love makes it easier to be apart from your man, I'm sure. Can't wait to read what else you have to say in the coming months!

    ReplyDelete